YouTube is a place where people connect to have fun and view humorous, educational, sad, and other types of videos. However, many people have discovered that YouTube contains content unsuitable for children due to recent controversy. Kids like watching videos from their favorite social media stars. Still, every responsible parent should think about installing YouTube parental controls. They continue to touch the screen and navigate from one location to another, scrolling here and there. Such toddlers are a source of great annoyance. So, it leads you to question how to lock YouTube Screen?
Quick Summary: While using your iPhone, you may lock the screen. Go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Guided Access to enable it. Then, by triple tapping the home button, create a code to unlock the screen.
Well, you can help limit the screentime of your child accessing unsuitable stuff on the internet by using a lock screen. Before we get started, consider the following instances in which locking the touchscreen controls on an Android or iPhone makes sense.
Why You Should Lock YouTube Screen
Touchscreen sensitivity has increased as display technology has improved. However, touchscreen displays are prone to unintentional taps. Because practically all mobile devices today utilize a touchscreen rather than keys, older persons and children may frequently cause accidental inputs. the other reasons are as follow:
- An unintentional touch pauses or closes a video while watching it.
- The track pauses or skips while you’re listening to music.
- The video recording has been paused or interrupted.
- Problems with ghost touch. It is a touchscreen issue in which the screen responds to touches that you are not making.
How To Get Sponsored On YouTube – Updated Tips Explained Here.
How to lock YouTube screenOn iPhone
Let’s jump to the main query without further delay, i.e., how to lock Youtube screen? You may lock the screen of your iPhone while playing a YouTube video. The process includes the following steps:
- Select the Accessibility > Guided Access in the Settings menu.
- Turn on Guided Access.
- To end Guided Access, go to Passcode Settings, enter a passcode, or use Touch/Face ID.
- Finally, turn on the Accessibility Shortcut. It allows you to engage Guided Access at any moment by triple-clicking the Home button.
- Now To lockdown, open YouTube.
- To get Guided Access, triple-click the Home button.
- Mark the screen sections that you want to deactivate with a circle. If you wish to disable touch on the whole screen, draw a circle around it.
- To deactivate the Power and Volume buttons, go to the bottom-left corner and choose Options.
- Choose Done.
- Finally, touch the Start button at the top of the screen to launch Guided Access.
- The disabled sections of the screen will be greyed out and will not respond to touch.
How to lock YouTube screenOn Android
Here’s how to activate Android’s Screen Pinning feature:
- Open the settings.
- Navigate to the “security” tab.
- Then select the “Advanced” option.
- The option of “screen pinning” is included inside the advanced feature.
- If you don’t see the option for screen pinning, it should be displayed as “Lock screen and security” on your Android.
- Enabling this option on your Android device.
- Now, enter YouTube and click the pin button to lock the app.
How to lock YouTube screen Using Third-Party Apps
Various Lock screen programs for Android and iPhones are available on the Google Play store, allowing users to lock the screen of any selected app, including YouTube. Install the app and accept the terms and conditions before installing it on the smartphone to disable the touch screen feature.
How to Lock YouTube Screen? – Parental Restrictions for Kids
Aside from locking the YouTube screen, if you are still concerned that your children will access inappropriate websites, you can limit what your children can watch. Your first step should be to enable the site’s Restricted Mode, which functions as parental restrictions because you can’t always see over their shoulder.
- Navigate to YouTube.com, select Sign In, and sign in using your Google account. When finished, you should get returned to the homepage.
- In the upper right corner, click on the Profile tab.
- In the menu, choose Restricted Mode.
- Enable Restricted Mode.
- Return to the homepage. After that last step, YouTube seems to reload, but you’ll still view the same material as when you selected Restricted Mode.
- Sign in to your YouTube account.
- To access your account, tap your profile symbol.
- Select Settings. Here you’ll find a slew of choices for customizing your YouTube experience. However, for our needs, we require Settings.
- Select Filtering in Restricted Mode. When you press on it, you’ll get taken to a simple screen where you may set your filter.
- Press the close button to confirm the setting.
- Pull down the list of videos to refresh the stream.
You may utilize the YouTube Kids app for iOS and Android phones and tablets for stronger limitations. It’s a brand-new, kid-friendly design that allows parents to view channels and films verified by real people.
But, before you put Kid in front of YouTube, believing that Restricted Mode will do all the work for you. So you are wrong; keep in mind that it’s not an exact science that relies on users identifying content that may be inappropriate for children and moderators removing this content.
It is why we encourage parents to be informed, involved, and talk to their children about what they see frequently. You could find it helpful to have the kids in the same room or without headphones so you can hear what they’re saying.
To summarise, temporarily blocking your touchscreen can assist if you want to minimize unintentional interruptions while capturing video or usage by a cheeky child. Due to the Guided Access function, it’s feasible on Android, either natively or through an app and on the iPhone. In brief, you should be able to lock your Android or iPhone touchscreen with minimal effort.