Spotify is one of the most popular music streaming apps, whether on your smartphone or computer. It includes features such as enjoying music cooperatively, where you can make a playlist with your friends. Spotify, like other applications, records your activities while you’re using the platform and collects your recently played tracks into a single area. If you are one of those who are private about their music choices, this may feel like an invasion of privacy, which is why they are questioning how to clear recently played on Spotify.
Quick Summary: From the menu bar, select the three-dot menu icon. From the dropdown menu that appears, select Remove From Recently Played. After pressing the button, the item will get deleted from the Recently Played list.
Let’s look at Spotify and its user experience before looking at how to clear the recently played list on the Spotify app.
What is Spotify?
Spotify is a well-known streaming service that has attracted a lot of attention. However, it also gets aimed at podcast listeners. Every day, it attracts millions upon millions of unique people from all around the world. It is available for PC, Apple, and Android mobile phones and tablets.
What Is The “Recently Played” Feature On Spotify?
So Spotify has a tool that keeps track of all the music you’ve lately listened to. It is helpful for individuals who wish to listen to the same tunes every other day. However, it might be frustrating for individuals who do not want to keep track of their history.
How To View Recently Played On Spotify?
On a long relaxing drive, you’re listening to a Spotify playlist at random. Then you hear a fascinating track, but it unexpectedly finishes and moves on to the next one. How can you figure out what music it is?
Spotify’s ‘Recently Played’ section takes care of this for you. It means that if you wish to listen to the music again shortly, you’ll be able to find it without having to put it into the search bar all over again. Follow the steps below to quickly locate the music you may have missed by accident.
How To View Recently Played On Spotify – On PC
- Begin by launching Spotify on your PC.
- Under your library, on the left menu, you’ll see Recently Played.
- Select Recently Played, and you’ll be able to see what you’ve been playing recently.
How To View Recently Played On Spotify – On Mobile App
- Launch Spotify on your smartphone.
- Tap the Home button.
- The Recently Played section of the Home page is in the center. There you’ll find your most recently played songs and artists. If you want to view more, swipe left to see more of the music you’ve played.
How To Clear Recently Played On Spotify?
While the “Recently Played” feature might be a handy option, some users might still want to know how to clear recently played on Spotify? Unfortunately, there is no one-click way to accomplish this, nor is there a way to erase the Recently Played list on the Desktop client, nor is there any way to delete it on the mobile app.
However, the following easy methods may assist you in this regard:
- Open the Spotify desktop app on your PC or Mac. If you already have the Spotify desktop app, go to Spotify’s official website and download it. Sign in to your Spotify account after that.
- If you already have Spotify installed on your computer, it will begin loading as soon as you open it.
- On the left side of your screen, select Recently Played.
- Scroll through the “Recently Played” section for the song, album, playlist, or podcast you wish to delete. Hover your cursor over the cover and right-click or click the three-dot icon.
- Select Remove from your Liked Songs from the pop-up menu after right-clicking any of the songs, albums, playlists, or podcasts you wish to remove from Recently Played.
- Your recently played list will get cleared of the music, album, or podcast you selected.
Remember how to clear recently played on Spotify through the above process may only get completed if the Spotify application got installed on your computer. It cannot be done on a mobile device, whether Android or iOS.
However, clearing the recently played list on the computer will delete this item from all other devices that use the same Spotify account. And, sure, this will also delete the music from your mobile devices’ playlists.
Unfortunately, there is no way to wipe the “Recently Played” list all at once, so you’ll have to repeat these steps to remove each entry.
How To Recover The Recently Played List on Spotify?
Before we begin, it’s important to note that you can only retrieve playlists deleted within the past 90 days. As a result, you can’t recover a deleted playlist after three months.
- Launch Spotify’s desktop app and navigate your username in the upper right corner. Click on “Account” when the dropdown option opens.
- In the left navigation pane, select “Recover playlists.”
- Find and choose the playlist you want to restore, then click the “Restore” button.
- The playlist should appear in your Spotify account within a few minutes. Close and reopen the Spotify app if that doesn’t work.
Unfortunately, Spotify’s mobile app does not provide an option to retrieve deleted playlists. Instead, you’ll need to check in to your Spotify account using a web browser.
To sum, we are sure that this guide has adequately explained all difficulties with clear recently played music on Spotify. Because there is no way to delete all of the entries in the “Recently Played” list at once, you’ll have to repeat the steps above each time you want to delete something. Hopefully, Spotify will soon provide us with a feature that will allow us to complete this action in one step, saving your time and work.
How To Slow Down A Video On iPhone – Read Things You Never Knew Here.